08 Sep Best Reciprocating Saw for Pruning 2021
2021 Best Reciprocating Saw for Pruning
Pruning, or trimming unwanted shoots off of trees to promote healthy growth, is part of the extensive process that causes your bonsai (or any other) trees to grow healthily. Pruning also prevents unnecessary damage to the tree caused by overgrowth. Using a reciprocating saw for pruning is one way to make this work easier on yourself and give you better results.
Reciprocating saws are mainly known for their typical use cutting through nails (in homes), but it has many more uses than just that! A typical reciprocating saw looks like an oversized jigsaw with an extra handle protruding from the side. They send out a back-and-forth motion to cut through whatever they’re hitting. This makes them perfect for pruning!
To use a reciprocating saw for pruning, follow these steps:
1. Wear proper protection when cutting your trees or bushes to prevent yourself from being injured or getting leaves in your eyes. Being comfortable will ensure you have a better experience and thus do a better job. Always wear leather gloves and safety glasses if available. If not, be sure to at least have protective eye gear that allows you to see through it without any obstruction.
1a. Make sure the area is clear of other people or animals before you begin using the saw on your tree/bush, since this process can sometimes cause things to go flying around. It’s best just to err on the side of caution and make sure you’re safe.
2. Look at your tree and see where you want to make some cuts. Just as it is with thinning, making all of your cuts in one direction will give the best results while preventing the spread of disease throughout your plant or tree.
3. Begin sawing through your branches by cutting directly perpendicular (at a 90 degree angle) to the branch you’re cutting off. Be sure that when you begin to cut, you always keep the blade parallel to the trunk of the tree or bush itself; this will help prevent jagged edges on whatever it is you’re cutting off and will ensure an overall cleaner look. If there’s anything specific about pruning trees/shrubs that should be mentioned here, add it here.
4. When you’re finished, look over your tree/bush once more to be sure you didn’t miss any branches or leaves that might have fallen off in the process. Also, ensure that nothing is poking out or sticking out in an unsightly way after being cut off by your pruning saw. Make any necessary fixes before completely stepping away from the tree/bush and looking at it with a fresh perspective. Be sure to take pictures of your progress!
1. Cordless Reciprocating Saw – Fast Changing Saw Blades Reciprocating Saw Blades Wood & Metal Cutting, Electric Reciprocating Saw Cordless Tools 1 Hour Fast Charged (20V Li-Ion Battery&Charger Included)
With adjustable speed level and replaceable blades for different use, this power reciprocating saws can meet your multiple needs in strong, controlled, quickly cutting through wood, pipe and metals. Rubber Grip can effectively prevent you from slipping and provide you with a more comfortable grip experience. The one-button control design of the reciprocating saw parts also makes one-hand operation possible. Just several steps to start up the cordless reciprocating saw: insert the reciprocating saw blades, install the battery and start using it. The jack design makes quick blade change possible. Equipped with a 20V/2.0Ah lithium-Ion battery & a fast charger, this electric saw-battery operated tools can support a long-time use and be powered in a high no-load speed from 0-3000min.
As normally most people do, I researched to find a nice saws-all, and finally decided on this one. What a great decision. This little thing is well balanced, easy to use and very efficient…cuts through wood like a hot knife through butter. The battery has all the life you need for a project, and it recharges very fast.
I highly recommend this SnapFresh Cordless Saw, and did I mention the price is just right.
Weight: 5.59 pounds
Dimensions: 16.18 x 8.11 x 3.14 inches
4.5 out of 5
2. WORKPRO Cordless Reciprocating Saw, 20V 4.0Ah Battery, 1-inch Stroke Length, 4 Saw Blades for Wood & Metal Cutting Included
WORKPRO reciprocating saw delivers 1-inch stroke length to remove more material and a faster cutting speed. Variable-speed motor provide superior efficiency and control, drives up to 2800 SPM. Cordless saw with powerful battery, use at will. Built-in LED light illuminates the work surface during cutting Tool-Free Blades Change & Shoe Adjustment Tool-free blade release chuck allows for quick and easy changes, provide more convenience during work. Pivoting shoe can adjust angle for the limited cutting area Long-Lasting Battery & Fast Charging 4.0Ah Rechargeable lithium-ion battery, features more powerful and longer life than others. With large capacity, never worry about running out of power in almost project, the remaining capacity is displayed in real time to give you a hint. Fast charger with indicator lights provides more convenient
I’ve been needing this forever. Today alone, I cut pipe, wood and nails. Battery is still going strong. It’s powerful, a bit loud and well balanced. Not very heavy. Attachments go on easily. Doesn’t get bogged down easily. Good buy
Weight: 7.13 pounds
Dimensions: 15.5 x 9.25 x 3.75 inches
4.4 out of 5
Our 20V MAX* Variable Speed Cordless Reciprocating Saw is versatile, lightweight, and easy to use. It features a powerful 3000 SPM motor with a variable speed trigger and electric brake to enhance control. Tool-free blade changes and an adjustable pivoting shoe add convenience and ease of use.
I am a 68 year old woman with a healthy respect for power tools. I have trees and shrubs around my house that a lopper couldn’t touch, so I said to myself, what the heck, and purchased this saw. It is OUTSTANDING. It cut through large limbs in a flash, is easy to operate, light-weight, and for my needs, perfect. There is some vibration but it won’t knock you over 😁
I am delighted with this saw and the price is definitely right. Highly recommended for projects that don’t require a chain saw.
Weight: 4.5 pounds
Dimensions: 15 x 3 x 7 inches
4.7 out of 5
4. POPOMAN 20V Cordless Reciprocating Saw, 2800 SPM, 4/5″(20mm) Stroke Length, 2.0Ah Battery & Fast Charger, Variable Speed, 3 SAW Blades for Metal & Wood Cutting – PMRS01D
The speed of POPOMAN cordless reciprocating saw is 0-2800 SPM for strong, controlled, quickly cutting; Variable-speed trigger provides user with improved speed control so you can easily switch the speed at work for; The 4/5″ (20mm) stroke length allows for faster cutting. Equipped clamping Jaw can increase friction in operation, easy to control the cut position. Tool-free blade release chuck allows for quick and easy blade changes so you don’t have to spend a lot of time when changing the blade. The safety button prevents accidental opening of the machine and provide effective security guarantee for users. POPOMAN cordless saw comes with wood saw and metal saw to meet any cutting needs, such as wood, metal, ceramic, tile, plastic, tree limbs, PVC pipe, fiberglass, aluminum, copper, thin steel, even roots.
Weight: 2.64 pounds
Dimensions: 8.5 x 2.7 x 11.5 inches
4 out of 5
The DCS367B 20V MAX* XR COMPACT Reciprocating Saw is a lightweight, compact saw designed to make cutting in between studs and in other tight spots easier than with traditional reciprocating saws. The brushless motor helps to provide up to 2.5x more run time** to get the job done. With a 1-1/8-inch stroke length and a variable speed trigger delivering up to 2,900 strokes per minute, this DEWALT Reciprocating Saw is fast and efficient. DEWALT 20V MAX* Reciprocating Saw also features a keyless, lever-action 4-position blade clamp for quick and easy blade changes in four directions for a variety of applications including flush cutting. A bright LED light is included to illuminate dark work areas. Tool only – batteries sold separately.
Weight: 5 pounds
Dimensions: 14.5 x 6 x 7 inches
4.8 out of 5